Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Eve Dinner


Goodness, this is not a good start to the new year! I meant to post this much earlier, alas.

I made a small dinner for a dear friend and myself.
 

Buckwheat crepes with almond tofu ricotta, mushrooms and spinach, and some potato leek & dill soup as well. And a simple greens salad. Yum yum yum.
 

My friend followed me around with his camera while I cooked, I guess it made me feel less dorky to be taking pictures of our food. Here I am (in part), serving it up.


And for dessert, baklava! I used the recipe from Extraveganza, except I subbed half the walnuts for pistachios and omitted the lemon zest, adding some rosewater instead (did you know that pistachios and rosewater are my favourite?!)


Check out the nutty flaky deliciousness! Mmmm...


And there was also mulled pomegranate juice. No alcohol for us.

4 comments:

  1. Almond tofu ricotta sounds yummy and interesting! How did you do that? Your baklava looks like such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great meal. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Your dinner party seems outstanding. The food served is looking delicious and healthy too. Have not arranged a dinner party from past few months but now planning to throw one at one of simple event venues. Just want to arrange an amazing party.

    ReplyDelete