Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Other Night’s Dinner


I’ve recently discovered tofu for two and made their three-pepper tofu for dinner the other night. I breaded and baked the tofu at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping the slices half-way through. Maybe less crispy than if I’d fried the slices, but still yummy. I had it alongside some cucumber, Grated Carrot and Daikon Salad from Vegan Express and brown rice. A very satisfying meal. Just to prove that I eat healthy savoury things too (not just sweets, I swear!).

The next night I made baked paprika yam sticks from Extraveganza to serve with some of the leftover baked tofu, and, inspired by some of the yogurt dipping sauces described in tofu for two, I devised one of my own:

Impromptu Yogurt Chili Dipping Sauce

Ingredients:


½ cup soy yogurt

1 clove garlic, minced

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 pinch cayenne

¼ teaspoon salt

1 pinch cane sugar


Blend all ingredients until smooth. Makes about ½ a cup.


Sorry, no photos, but you can imagine it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment