Monday, June 1, 2009

Another Rice Bowl + Beet Soup


As I'd mentioned earlier, I'd said I was on a dragon bowl roll. But then it got jilted a bit. This one I made with the intention of making something that seemed starchy and comfort food-y, but wasn't actually very bad for you. I'm going to tweak the recipe a bit more, but in it I had (besides brown rice): baked Jerusalem artichokes and carrots, kale, some leafy greens from the market that I forgot the name of. The whole thing was topped with a garlicky tahini nutritional yeast sauce and then garnished with home-sprouted mixed bean sprouts. Oh yeah, and there was marinated tempeh in there as well.


Beet soup (Borscht? What makes a Borscht anyway?) with carrots, red cabbage, red onion, garlic, broccoli and some homegrown herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme, just like in the song). More tweaking needed, but it was good and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment